Friday 6 January 2012

Teapots and Chess.....

I love the feeling of finding a bargain in an op-shop!



Yesterday i found a 'Lotte' Norwegian tea pot from a collection I am sourcing for $8. It is worth a friend tells me, around $80.... i love teapots.

Then the other night driving home my partner and I stumbled across some great hard rubbish, a handmade wooden chess coffee table! This just happened to occur the night after we had watched a late night SBS french film about a woman who was a poor cleaner in France and fell in love with the Doctor at a house she was cleaning and they began a love affair over chess. She then went on to win lots of money at Chess tournaments around France....

anyway back to the story... So everything was telling me I should play Chess... all that was missing were the chess pieces. So today, my partner and I hit another op-shop, this time in Heidelberg, and what do i find, a container filled with Chess pieces!

I felt complete... and we spent the afternoon in the garden reacquainting ourselves with the game I played growing up with my grandfather.

what a lovely afternoon : )

No comments:

Post a Comment